Deeds Done in Destin

To celebrate our retirement, Ruth and I spent January in Destin, Florida. You may be wondering, what do retired preachers do on vacation? We went to see three movies, ate at Whataburger (a favorite of mine), Back Porch, Pompano Joe's, etc., and visited Village Baptist Church and Destiny Church. We did some of this with Gary and Paula Parks, and Steve and Pam Hutchinson, fellow Springfieldians who enjoy Destin.

We followed our usual Florida custom of no water and no sand. We don't get on the sand; it's dirty. We don't get in the water; it's wet. We merely open our rented condo's door, which allows us to watch and hear the waves.

I read 15 books, containing 4491 pages, of which I'm sure I read over 3000 pages. Ruth made 13 pillow cases for family. She and I worked 15 puzzles. We totaled 13,799 puzzle pieces (1 missing).

What do you do on holiday? I'd like to receive your comments on my Facebook post about this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Skipped School

Dad’s Smile

New Prayer Focus